incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: DeviceMap status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "October2012" by BertrandDelacretaz)
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 07:53:40 GMT
Hi Jukka,

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Jukka Zitting <> wrote:
>> ...The donation included a data file with had been subject to a DMCA takedown
>> request while hosted at Github. After some discussion we decided to exclude
>> that file from the donation, as the ownership of part of that data is hard to
>> establish. Details at which
>> also links to threads on general@incubator.a.o.
> I'm not sure if this was brought up yet (or already implemented), but
> would it make sense for DeviceMap to treat this data file as an
> optional third party dependency, i.e. be able to use the contained
> information when this file is made available by the user or deployer?...

We haven't made a formal decision yet but that's pretty much the plan
- allow DeviceMap to use various data sources, including the one that
we didn't accept in DMAP-11 but that people could download
independently as an optional dependency.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message