incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jakob Homan <jgho...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Graduate Kafka podling from Incubator
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 19:44:54 GMT
This is a call for a vote to graduate the Kafka podling from Apache Incubator.

Kafka entered the Incubator in July of 2011. Since then it has added three new
committers, encouraged a number of new contributors, and made two significant
releases following the ASF policies and guidelines. The Kafka community,
though small, is active, healthy and growing and has demonstrated the
ability to self-govern using accepted Apache practices.

The Kafka community has voted to proceed with graduation [1] and the result
can be found at [2].

Under consideration is the graduation proposal previously submitted
for discussion
to the Incubator list[3].

Please cast your votes:

[  ] +1 Graduate Kafka podling from Apache Incubator
[  ] +0 Indifferent to the graduation status of Kafka podling
[  ] -1 Reject graduation of Kafka podling from Apache Incubator because ...

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Please find the
proposed board resolution below.  As part of the community vote, IPMC members
Alan Cabrera and I voted +1 and I believe those votes carry forward to this
vote as well.

Thanks,
Jakob

[1] Community vote thread: http://s.apache.org/q9