incubator-general mailing list archives

From Chris Douglas <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [PROPOSAL] Hadoop Development Tools
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 19:57:24 GMT
On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Jakob Homan <> wrote:
> This seems like it might be more at home at apache-extras.

That may ultimately be its fate, but building a community around these
tools is worthy of an attempt. This also shares many goals with
MRUnit. Collaboration or even merging with that community could also
make sense. The code is dead in its current home; letting someone run
with it here to see where it leads seems reasonable.

> On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Adam Berry <> wrote:
>> I will update the proposal later on to include that, and additionally some idea of
how we could support streaming from within the IDE.

Seems out of scope. The goal of the project, as I gathered from the
proposal, is to produce tools and plugins that complement development
of (and on) Hadoop. There's no need to specify which features the
community intends to build at this stage. -C