incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <>
Subject Re: Seperate list for JIRA tickets
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 20:20:18 GMT
On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Noah Slater <> wrote:
> Can we, per Incubator policy, set up an issues@ list? (And
> STRONGLY encourage committers to subscribe to it.)
> I have not checked with the community to see if they want this, but I want
> to understand if it's possible.

Yes, many projects do this.  Load up
<> in your browser and search for the
string "issues".  Also, "notifications".

I'm a big fan of shunting notifications from issue trackers and continuous
integration tools onto dedicated lists.  The resulting improvement in
signal-to-noise ratio for the main dev list makes it friendlier for lurkers,
visitors and new contributors, and makes the dev list archives easier to
browse and search.

Marvin Humphrey

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: