incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Jr. Mentor role
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 17:41:00 GMT
On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Jakob Homan <jghoman@gmail.com> wrote:
> You go and help the community out in general and, when it comes time
> for a release, you do all the things a regular mentor would do.  If
> you catch issues with the release, this will be a big help.  No one is
> going to ignore your assistance just because you don't have a specific
> title.

There's no disagreement with any of this. However, see my 'how would
it help to clear 3 +1 IPMC votes hurdle' question on this thread'?

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. It is an honest question -- if we all agree that the answer to it
is: "it won't" -- that's a fine answer too. The only downside side to
this answer is that it limits the potential usefulness of my involvement.