incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Recommend to the Board to establish the Apache OpenOffice Project
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:39:31 GMT
On 11/10/2012 15:30, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Unless I'm mistaken, the list of PMC members below includes a single
> individual (Dave Fisher) who's active in more than just the OO
> project, all others have joined the ASF via OO incubation.

Yes, this is quite possible. The way PMC members were selected (public
nominations on the ooo-dev list) might have been a factor here.

> Are the OO mentors really comfortable with this, considering the
> unusual size of this project isn't there a need to have a few more
> experienced ASFers on the PMC?

I'm obviously not a mentor, but I must say this hasn't been seen as a
problem so far and that we fully understand that this is just the
initial PMC, which would be enlarged to further contributors later;  and
volunteers from other Apache projects who would like to help with
OpenOffice would of course be very welcome.

In general, strengthening our bonds with other Apache projects is
something we want to do, and ApacheCon EU will probably be a very good
opportunity for cross-pollination and talks in this direction.

Regards,
   Andrea.