incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [DISCUSS] Recommend to the Board to establish the Apache OpenOffice Project
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 07:31:57 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 10:00 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> Aim of the resolution is to establish the
>> Apache OpenOffice Project as a Top Level Project.
>
>    [x] +1, recommend the resolution to the Board
>
> Good luck, and a big thank you to everyone involved!

Thank you!

> The recommended resolution template has changed a bit recently. I
> suggest you update the text to (otherwise the board will likely do so
> in any case):
>      [...] charged with the creation and maintenance of
>      open-source software, for distribution at no charge to
>      the public, related to open-source software related to
>      the OpenOffice personal productivity applications.

Thanks. Actually there's a repetition here, I assume you meant "to the
public, related to the OpenOffice personal productivity applications."

The revised version is below and, since the text is unchanged besides
two sentences being swapped, I assume we can go on with the current vote.

Resolution text:
   ---
WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish
a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public,
related to the OpenOffice personal productivity applications.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
(PMC), to be known as the "Apache OpenOffice Project", be and hereby is
established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache OpenOffice Project be and hereby is
responsible for the creation and maintenance of software related to the
OpenOffice personal productivity applications; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, OpenOffice" be and hereby
is created, the person holding such office to serve at the direction of
the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache OpenOffice Project,
and to have primary responsibility for management of the projects within
the scope of responsibility of the Apache OpenOffice Project; and be it
further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache OpenOffice Project:

     * Andre Fischer (af)
     * Andrea Pescetti (pescetti)
     * Andrew Rist (arist)
     * Ariel Constenla-Haile (arielch)
     * Armin Le Grand (alg)
     * Dave Fisher (wave)
     * Donald Harbison (dpharbison)
     * Drew Jensen (atjensen)
     * Ian Lynch (ingotian)
     * J├╝rgen Schmidt (jsc)
     * Kay Schenk (kschenk)
     * Kazunari Hirano (khirano)
     * Louis Suarez-Potts (louis)
     * Marcus Lange (marcus)
     * Oliver-Rainer Wittmann (orw)
     * Pedro Giffuni (pfg)
     * Peter Junge (pj)
     * Raphael Bircher (rbircher)
     * Regina Henschel (regina)
     * RGB.ES (rgb-es)
     * Roberto Galoppini (galoppini)
     * Yang Shih-Ching (imacat)
     * Yong Lin Ma (mayongl)

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Andrea Pescetti be
appointed to the office of Vice President, OpenOffice, to serve in
accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be
it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenOffice Project be and hereby is
tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to encourage open
development and increased participation in the OpenOffice Project; and
be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache OpenOffice Project be and hereby is tasked
with the migration and rationalization of the Apache OpenOffice.org
podling; and be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
OpenOffice.org podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator Project are
hereafter discharged.
   ---

Regards,
   Andrea.