incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] JSPWiki version 2.9.0-incubating
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2012 21:53:47 GMT
Hi Christian,

Thanks for the review of the release.

On Oct 7, 2012, at 12:30 PM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i'm sorry to -1 your release :-(
>
> Please see:
> http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers

This is a very important document to read and understand. The jspwiki
headers are non-standard and should be rewritten to conform. In
particular, there should be no extraneous verbiage before the
"Licensed to..." text. No copyright, no other information.

> I have found a lot of code like in the the src package /src/webdocs/
> Captcha.jsp
> which are missing header licenses. I saw it is in the .java files, but
> they should be basically in every file we release (including jsp)

I agree, .jsp files need the Apache license header just as .java files
do.

> Also export.sh misses headers.
>
> In the headers of the .java files is: JSPWiki - a JSP-based WikiWiki
> clone.
> Not sure if this is a blocker, but you should use the full name
> "Apache JSPWiki" instead of only "JSPWiki". Personally I would get rid
> of this line actually, but i think it is up to you.

Getting rid of the line is probably the easiest way to conform.

> Example:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/jspwiki/tags/jspwiki_2_9_0_incubating_rc3/src/org/apache/catalina/util/HexUtils.java
>
> I have not tested signatures yet.
>
> In other projects sometimes the website is being voted on together
> with the releases. Is it not the case with JSPWiki?

I don't know that I've ever voted on a web site release. Other
projects just update the web site as needed, with no vote.

> On another note, I agree with Ross. Your mentors should have told you
> that and they should have voted already.

This first release has been a long time coming, and I was distracted
the last couple of weeks.

I agree that the mentors should review the release and advise of
remedial action.

I'd like to see a rat report on the release. I believe that analysis
of the rat report will reinforce the comments that Christian and I made.

Regards,

Craig

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle