incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Recommend to the Board to establish the Apache OpenOffice Project
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 16:14:58 GMT
+1

>________________________________

regularly informed about the steps Apache OpenOffice was taking towards graduation, I'm hereby
asking the IPMC to recommend the following resolution to the Board. Aim of the resolution
is to establish the Apache OpenOffice Project as a Top Level Project.

>Please cast your vote:
>
>[ ] +1, recommend the resolution to the Board
>[ ] +0, abstain/don't care
>[ ] -1, do not recommend the resolution to the Board, because...
>
>This vote will be open for 72 hours from now; only votes from the Incubator PMC are binding.
>
>Resolution text:
>  ---
>WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of the Foundation
and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged
with the creation and maintenance of open-source software related to the OpenOffice personal
productivity applications, for distribution at no charge to the public.

>NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee (PMC), to be known
as the "Apache OpenOffice Project", be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the
Foundation; and be it further

>RESOLVED, that the Apache OpenOffice Project be and hereby is responsible for the creation
and maintenance of software related to the OpenOffice personal productivity applications;
and be it further

>RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, OpenOffice" be and hereby is created, the
person holding such office to serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
of the Apache OpenOffice Project, and to have primary responsibility for management of the
projects within the scope of responsibility of the Apache OpenOffice Project; and be it further

>RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are appointed to serve
as the initial members of the Apache OpenOffice Project:

>    * Andre Fischer (af)
>    * Andrea Pescetti (pescetti)
>    * Andrew Rist (arist)
>    * Ariel Constenla-Haile (arielch)
>    * Armin Le Grand (alg)
>    * Dave Fisher (wave)
>    * Donald Harbison (dpharbison)
>    * Drew Jensen (atjensen)
>    * Ian Lynch (ingotian)
>    * Jürgen Schmidt (jsc)
>    * Kay Schenk (kschenk)
>    * Kazunari Hirano (khirano)
>    * Louis Suarez-Potts (louis)
>    * Marcus Lange (marcus)
>    * Oliver-Rainer Wittmann (orw)
>    * Pedro Giffuni (pfg)
>    * Peter Junge (pj)
>    * Raphael Bircher (rbircher)
>    * Regina Henschel (regina)
>    * RGB.ES (rgb-es)
>    * Roberto Galoppini (galoppini)
>    * Yang Shih-Ching (imacat)
>    * Yong Lin Ma (mayongl)
>
>NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Andrea Pescetti be appointed to the office
of Vice President, OpenOffice, to serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of
the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

>RESOLVED, that the initial Apache OpenOffice Project be and hereby is tasked with the
creation of a set of bylaws intended to encourage open development and increased participation
in the OpenOffice Project; and be it further

>RESOLVED, that the Apache OpenOffice Project be and hereby is tasked with the migration
and rationalization of the Apache OpenOffice.org podling; and be it further

>RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator OpenOffice.org
podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator Project are hereafter discharged.