incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: key signing
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2012 00:32:16 GMT
Hi Benson,

On Oct 5, 2012, at 2:12 PM, Benson Margulies wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez
> <juanpablo.santos@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> picking up Benson's initial question, just my 2c: how about
>> encouraging a
>> key signing party (or something alike, but more informal and/or
>> with fewer
>> people) through general@i.a.o for every Apachecon, say 2-3 weeks
>> before it
>> starts? If there's something ongoing is easier to hop in than
>> lurking for
>> unaware committers in search of a key signing. At least, it should
>> put in
>> touch interested people.
>
> At the first and only Apachecon I attended, there was such a party.
> But I somehow completely missed the memo in advance, and so could not
> participate.
>
> Oh Secretary, why not create a 'role' PGP key and use it?

I think there is a terrible misunderstanding here.

Keys are signed by people who personally and physically know the
person whose key(s) they are signing. So without actually meeting
people, I would not, should not, sign anyone's key.

This is why we have key signing parties. I've attended many parties at
Apachecons and have signed many keys. But my role as secretary is not
at all related to key signing.

Regards,

Craig

>> br,
>> juan pablo
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 6:06 PM, Daniel Shahaf
>> <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name>wrote:

>>> Not possible.  There is no PGP key for secretary@apache.org (as a
>>> "role
>>> identity").