incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mohammad Nour El-Din <nour.moham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Openmeetings - A Shepherd's View
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 08:24:39 GMT
Hi Alexei...

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 4:24 AM, Alexei Fedotov
<alexei.fedotov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Mohammad, thank you for the review.
>
> Eclipse can be considered as an alternative build system, so these files
> are like build.xml files. Why not to keep them in release?
> 14.09.2012 3:46 пользователь "Mohammad Nour El-Din" <mnour@apache.org>
> написал:
>
>> Hi
>>
>>    I checked:
>> - Mailing lists and from it the community looks active to a good
>> extent both on the users and developers lists
>> - Last report (June 2012) they were in the 'No Release' group of
>> podlings but they managed to get a release out
>> - Their progress is not that fast but it is stable and steady
>>
>> One minor note:
>> - In [1] I noticed files related to Eclipse like .classpath and
>> .project, I am not sure that these files should be in a release tag.
>> Comments about that ?

Well my concern was more like a question to raise here not actually
something to take on the project itself, to be honest I am not aware
about any rules that might prohibit that, but for at least most of the
projects I didn't see them committing IDE specific files into the
repository. Thats why I raised the question here to see what others
do.

>> [1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openmeetings/tags/2.0/
>>

>> --
>> Thanks