incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1386462 - /incubator/public/trunk/content/history/current.txt
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 23:20:19 GMT
On 17 September 2012 23:36, David Crossley <> wrote:
> Jukka Zitting wrote:
>> crossley wrote:
>> > Modified:
>> >     incubator/public/trunk/content/history/current.txt
>> Thanks for keeping that file up to date! The graph at
>> is quite useful.
>> However, I'm wondering if there really is need to manually maintain a
>> separate text file when all the required information should already be
>> present in podlings.xml. Can we generate the current.txt file from
>> podlings.xml, or (even better) have the client create the history
>> graph directly from podlings.xml?
> It would be fantastic if someone could automate that.
> At the moment, the current.txt (yellow) is maintained manually
> and the entry.txt (green) is automatically handled by Clutch.
> Ideally both would be automated independently of Clutch.

Perhaps add a task to build.xml that generates current.txt and
entry.txt from podlings.xml?
Could extract the entry.txt code from clutch and extend it to handle current.txt

If that sounds reasonable, I'm happy to give that a try.

Maybe at some point clutch itself could be run automatically whenever
podlings.xml is updated.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message