incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate the Apache SIS podling from the Apache Incubator
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 19:46:43 GMT
Hi,

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 4:42 AM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
<chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> Please see the resolution below and VOTE on it for the graduation of the Apache
> SIS podling from the Apache Incubator. I'll leave the VOTE open for at least 72 hours.

  [x] +1 Graduate the Apache SIS podling from the Apache Incubator per
resolution below.

>   WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
>   interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's
>   purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged with
>   the creation and maintenance of open-source software, for
>   distribution at no charge to the public, related to the acquisition, processing,
>   representation, and dissemination of spatial data,

The placing of the "for distribution at no charge to the public" part
is a bit unusual, but I can see why having it at the end of the
sentence might be a bit confusing.

BR,

Jukka Zitting