incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Airavata from the incubator
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 16:18:35 GMT
+1 (I already voted + 1 as a mentor, but thought I'd flag here these
guys have done really well)

On 7 September 2012 11:58, Suresh Marru <smarru@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Since entering Incubation in May 2011, the Airavata community has evolved and has been
steadily growing. The project has made 3 releases, added 6 new committers and PPMC members.
The podling has been very actively using mailing list and JIRA and all communication is in
open. Thanks to very hands-on mentors, the project has learned to self-govern and has been
following the Apache Way.

> The project incubator status page [1] is up to date and trademarks has approved Airavata
as a name for TLP [2]. The community has discussed graduation and prepared a board charter
[3]. The initial PMC has been opted in on the private mailing list and PMC chair has been
elected on the dev list [4]. The community feels ready to graduate [5] and voted 19 positives
votes and no negative votes.

> [...]
>        Committee charged with the creation and maintenance of
>        open-source software related to executing and managing
>        computational jobs on distributed computing resources
>        including local clusters, supercomputers, national grids,
>        academic and commercial clouds and for distribution at no charge
>        to the public.
>
>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
>        Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Airavata Project",
>        be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the
>        Foundation; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the Apache Airavata Project be and hereby is
>        responsible for the creation and maintenance of  software
>        related to executing and managing computational jobs on
>        distributed computing resources including local clusters,
>        supercomputers, national grids, academic and commercial clouds;
>        and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Airavata" be
>        and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
>        serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
>        of the Apache Airavata Project, and to have primary responsibility
>        for management of the projects within the scope of
>        responsibility of the Apache Airavata Project; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
>        hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of the
>        Apache Airavata Project:
>
>        Aleksander Slominski      <aslom@apache.org>
>        Ate Douma                 <ate@apache.org>
>        Chathura Herath           <chathura@apache.org>
>        Eran Chinthaka            <chinthaka@apache.org>
>        Srinath Perera            <hemapani@apache.org>
>        Heshan Suriyaarachchi     <heshan@apache.org>
>        Lahiru Gunathilake        <lahiru@apache.org>
>        Marlon Pierce             <mpierce@apache.org>
>        Patanachai Tangchaisin    <patanachai@apache.org>
>        Raminderjeet Singh        <raminder@apache.org>
>        Saminda Wijeratne         <saminda@apache.org>
>        Shahani Weerawarana       <shahani@apache.org>
>        Suresh Marru              <smarru@apache.org>
>        Thilina Gunarathne        <thilina@apache.org>
>
>        NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Suresh Marru
>        be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Airavata, to
>        serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
>        Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
>        death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
>        or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Airavata PMC be and hereby is
>        tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
>        encourage open development and increased participation in the
>        Apache Airavata Project; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that the Apache Airavata Project be and hereby
>        is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>        Incubator Airavata podling; and be it further
>
>        RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>        Incubator Airavata podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)
OpenDirective http://opendirective.com