incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Airavata from the incubator
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 16:11:03 GMT
+1 from me! (binding)

Great work guys! During the discussion I requested to be included on the PMC
and there was also talk of Ross being there though.

Cheers,
Chris

On Sep 7, 2012, at 3:58 AM, Suresh Marru wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Since entering Incubation in May 2011, the Airavata community has evolved and has been
steadily growing. The project has made 3 releases, added 6 new committers and PPMC members.
The podling has been very actively using mailing list and JIRA and all communication is in
open. Thanks to very hands-on mentors, the project has learned to self-govern and has been
following the Apache Way.

> The project incubator status page [1] is up to date and trademarks has approved Airavata
as a name for TLP [2]. The community has discussed graduation and prepared a board charter
[3]. The initial PMC has been opted in on the private mailing list and PMC chair has been
elected on the dev list [4]. The community feels ready to graduate [5] and voted 19 positives
votes and no negative votes.

> [...]
>       Committee charged with the creation and maintenance of
>       open-source software related to executing and managing
>       computational jobs on distributed computing resources
>       including local clusters, supercomputers, national grids,
>       academic and commercial clouds and for distribution at no charge
>       to the public.
>
>       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
>       Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Airavata Project",
>       be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the
>       Foundation; and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that the Apache Airavata Project be and hereby is
>       responsible for the creation and maintenance of  software
>       related to executing and managing computational jobs on
>       distributed computing resources including local clusters,
>       supercomputers, national grids, academic and commercial clouds;
>       and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Airavata" be
>       and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
>       serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
>       of the Apache Airavata Project, and to have primary responsibility
>       for management of the projects within the scope of
>       responsibility of the Apache Airavata Project; and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and
>       hereby are appointed to serve as the initial members of the
>       Apache Airavata Project:
>
>       Aleksander Slominski      <aslom@apache.org>
>       Ate Douma                 <ate@apache.org>
>       Chathura Herath           <chathura@apache.org>
>       Eran Chinthaka            <chinthaka@apache.org>
>       Srinath Perera            <hemapani@apache.org>
>       Heshan Suriyaarachchi     <heshan@apache.org>
>       Lahiru Gunathilake        <lahiru@apache.org>
>       Marlon Pierce             <mpierce@apache.org>
>       Patanachai Tangchaisin    <patanachai@apache.org>
>       Raminderjeet Singh        <raminder@apache.org>
>       Saminda Wijeratne         <saminda@apache.org>
>       Shahani Weerawarana       <shahani@apache.org>
>       Suresh Marru              <smarru@apache.org>
>       Thilina Gunarathne        <thilina@apache.org>
>
>       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Suresh Marru
>       be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Airavata, to
>       serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
>       Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until
>       death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
>       or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Airavata PMC be and hereby is
>       tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
>       encourage open development and increased participation in the
>       Apache Airavata Project; and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that the Apache Airavata Project be and hereby
>       is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>       Incubator Airavata podling; and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>       Incubator Airavata podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov