incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Openmeetings - A Shepherd's View
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 08:40:08 GMT
On Sep 14, 2012, at 10:24 AM, Mohammad Nour El-Din <nour.mohammad@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 4:24 AM, Alexei Fedotov
> <alexei.fedotov@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 14.09.2012 3:46 пользователь "Mohammad Nour El-Din" <mnour@apache.org>
>> написал:
>>> One minor note:
>>> - In [1] I noticed files related to Eclipse like .classpath and
>>> .project, I am not sure that these files should be in a release tag.
>>> Comments about that ?
>
> Well my concern was more like a question to raise here not actually
> something to take on the project itself, to be honest I am not aware
> about any rules that might prohibit that, but for at least most of the
> projects I didn't see them committing IDE specific files into the
> repository. Thats why I raised the question here to see what others
> do.

Since these are xml files and you can definitely edit them like other build files, I can't
see any reason why they could not be part of a source release either. However, I do think
they need a proper license header (the file I quickly checked [1] did not have that). I'm
not aware of a way to tell Eclipse to add such headers automatically, so you might have to
do that by hand or some script.

Greetings, Marcel

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openmeetings/tags/2.0/.project