incubator-general mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Airavata 0.4-Incubating RC1
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 20:29:14 GMT
Thank you very much Ate for taking time to review and feedback and votes. I will close the
Vote now and post results.

Suresh

On Aug 1, 2012, at 10:35 AM, Ate Douma wrote:

> Hi Suresh,
>
> I looked at the two issues raised and IMO these do not pose as blockers for this release,
so +1 from me on this release candidate (binding and Mentor)

> More feedback below.
>
> Regards, Ate
>
> On 08/01/2012 03:46 PM, Suresh Marru wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> The VOTE is called for a lazy consensus and is close to 72 hours. Just in case if
there are any further comments, I will leave the vote open for 6 more hours. If you have any
concerns or comments with this release please voice your opinions and vote now.

>> Thanks,
>> Suresh
>>
>> On Jul 31, 2012, at 10:09 AM, Alexei Fedotov wrote:
>>
>>> Suresh,
>>>
>>> I am not a lawyer, and cannot yet decide if any of issues is serious
>>> enough. Let mentors decide.
>>>
>>> I'm glad to see that you have cleaned the trunk.
>>>
>>> --
>>> With best regards / с наилучшими пожеланиями,
>>> Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
>>> http://dataved.ru/
>>> +7 916 562 8095

are for binary release. Since the source code does not have any third party codes, you will
see it have only APL V2 where as the binary ones include all L&D of all the bundled jars.

in a stale sample code. Since it was an unused import and it was not linked to any code, is
it a blocker for the release?, I removed it in the trunk though (r1367537).

> While an annoyance I wouldn't call this 'linking' to GPL code. It only means you'll need
a Sun JDK to compile the project, but most likely you don't even need it at runtime if the
compiler is smart enough to drop this unused import.

> At any rate this really is only a mistake without intended GPL linking nor any actual
usage. And fixed already. So, really not an issue at all IMO.

University to Apache and headers were properly replaced. Tracking back on the file you pointed
out (and couple of others) were added to the trunk from donation area and added the APL header
but a legacy snipped was left out at the bottom of the files, I removed them now. The RAT
check passes on all the code since all java have APL headers and probably ignored these stale
snippets at the bottom.

> Same thing here. The appropriate license header was already in place, the old one at
the bottom doesn't 'negate' the one on top. It wasn't a problem to begin with, even less so
now after fixing it in trunk.

or 2 and 3 are non-blockers for the release?