incubator-general mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Amber CLA status [Was: Old projects with incomplete copyright diligence]
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2012 18:28:04 GMT
Hi Antonio,

This is about making sure that all software being contributed to
Apache is covered by CLAs (continuous contribution) or the software
license grant (single contribution). Legally it would also be fine to
fork software under a Category A license, though it's frowned upon
(ie: the status checkbox doesn't offer it as an option).

By the look of LEGAL-134, it sounds like Amber started as a fork of
University of Newcastle code?

Hen