incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: {RESULT] [VOTE] S4 0.5.0 Release Candidate 1
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 09:33:04 GMT
On 12 August 2012 11:20, Flavio Junqueira <fpj@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> On Aug 12, 2012, at 12:09 PM, sebb wrote:
>
>> On 7 August 2012 14:42, Flavio Junqueira <fpj@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>>> I'm not sure the vote passed. According to Patrick Hunt's message, we need 3
+1 IPMC votes, and we only have 2 +1 IPMC votes. The confusing perhaps comes from this sentence
in the podling release management manual:

>>> "The vote passes if there are at least 3 +1's from the PPMC/IPMC members and
more +1's than -1's. "

>> Where exactly is this info?
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html
>
> Under Glossary/Release manager.

OK, I see.

However, if you read on further, the text calls for another vote on
the general incubator list.

I agree that it is not very clear ... I've added a bit more info which
hopefully clarifies it.

>>> which can be interpreted as 3 +1 votes from either PPMC or IPMC. Some e-mail
threads on archive indicate that it is not this way, though, and we need 3 +1 IPMC votes.
Could anyone clarify, please?