incubator-general mailing list archives

From ant elder <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.1.0 (incubating)
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 07:26:38 GMT
On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 1:13 AM, Greg Stein <> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 5:54 PM, ant elder <> wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 9:51 PM, Greg Stein <> wrote:
>>> You can look at the archives back in 2006 when it was incubating. In
>>> particular, there is one sent to private@incubator that I would refer
>>> you to:
>>>  [only usable by ASF Members]
>> Didn't that get subsequently revised by Cliff et al into "Incubating
>> projects must not distribute an official product release that includes
>> works covered by an excluded license" -
> Dunno. That link is for a draft document, and has been replaced by a
> final/resolved form (see link at top of page).
> Regardless... Jukka posted recently, and I'd look to his note for
> "current policy". I think his statement puts Incubator policy a little
> more relaxed than ASF, but likely not as relaxed as I would have
> posited (in regards to dependencies).

The good thing about release votes is that they can't be vetoed so
regardless of what policies may or may not be documented whether or
not a release vote passes is just down to getting enough people to
vote +1. Votes on general@ often stall and require a respin when
someone claims something is wrong which puts off others from voting.
Something as basic as a dependent license missing from the LICENSE
file would be one of those things that in the past would have always
demanded a respin, so the change, and it is a change, to allow wiggle
room is what i hope people will remember from this.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message