incubator-general mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <>
Subject Re: Potential proposal + request volunteers for champion & mentor roles
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 22:18:35 GMT
Hi Kasper, All,

Initially this looks very interesting.
I'm going to bring this thread to the attention of the Apache Gora
community as one of the issues we are currently working on relates
closely to uniform access and operations across datastore modules
within Gora.

I wonder if you would like to check out Gora [0] and provide some
insight into where/if you think MetaModel could be used. This 'may' be
a possible route into the ASF or alternatively may attract interest to
begin other work as a podling within the Incubator.

Thanks in advance

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 7:27 PM, Kasper Sørensen
<> wrote:
> Dear everyone,
> I am writing to ask for interested champions to aid Human Inference in an Apache Incubator
> The project we wish to contribute to Incubator is the MetaModel project, which is currently
available here:
> Very short description of the project FYI: MetaModel is as Java library built to provide
uniform access to many different types of data, including databases, CSV files, Excel spreadsheet
etc. etc. MetaModel is not an ORM since it does not provide a means to map to a concrete model,
but it provides the meta model of your data: Schema, Tables, Columns etc. And it allows querying
and writing data type-safely using these metadata elements.
> In the process of contributing, obviously we would re-license it from the current (LGPL)
license to the Apache2 license.