incubator-general mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [VOTE] Graduate Apache Any23 from the Apache Incubator
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 17:02:18 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 5:42 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
<chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

>> According to the Incubator status page, the name search is not yet complete.

Yep this should have been updated by myself. Having opened the issue,
browsed the web and other commonly used resources for such a task I'm
also convince that Apache Any23 is a suitable name for us to remain
using. For reference the issue you refer to it at [0] which I will
duly resolve and close based on my comments above. Thanks for keeping
us in check with this one.

> I know Lewis was doing this recently. When we first had the project accepted
> into Incubation before Robert finished updating the PODLINGNAMESEARCH
> stuff I think I did some searching (on Google/etc.). I'm fairly comfortable that
> we can check this off -- Any23 is fairly obtuse and AFAIK originated at the
> research institutions represented by those folks here on the project.
>
> I'm +1 though to simply update the page and check it off. I or someone else
> (Lewis) will do that shortly.

+1 will be done by tonight.

>> "RDF" on its own seems a little cryptic; perhaps needs expansion.
>
> s/RDF/W3C's Resource Description Framework/ ?

If Chris' suggestion reaches a medium here then I am +1 for editing
the proposal based on this.
Thanks

Lewis

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-9