incubator-general mailing list archives

From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache OpenOffice Community Graduation Vote
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 03:11:23 GMT
Simple enough - thanks.
 > Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 23:05:00 -0400
> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenOffice Community Graduation Vote
> From: gstein@gmail.com
> To: general@incubator.apache.org
>
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 10:55 PM, Prescott Nasser <geobmx540@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm sorry, I'm playing catch-up and I'm a bit unclear on the argument - Marvin said:
 "If the podling believes that ASF-endorsed binaries are a hard requirement,
> > then it seems to me that the ASF is not yet ready for AOO and will not be
> > until suitable infrastructure and legal institutions to support binary
> > releases (sterile build machines, artifact signing, etc) have been created
> > and a policy has been endorsed by the Board." Is AOO not able to determine that
for them a binary is a hard requirement for their releases (along with source code)? I would
think that ASF puts a minimum requirement on what an official release is, not a limit.  Why
is there a requirement for special infrustructure? (perhaps that is due to the size of AOO?)
Speaking just from the Lucene.Net persective, I would consider our binaries (and nuget packages)
as official - even if ASF does not specifically allow for "official releases or officially
endourced binaries" - what else would they be? They were built and put up by the same guys
releasing the source code.