incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <>
Subject [DISCUSS] [VOTE] Graduate Apache Any23 from the Apache Incubator
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 16:42:34 GMT
Hi Sebb,

On Aug 16, 2012, at 9:32 AM, sebb wrote:

> On 16 August 2012 14:41, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
> <> wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>> We have already called and completed a community VOTE with the Any23
>> community and the Tika PMC and they have positively recommended Any23's
>> graduation from the Incubator.
> According to the Incubator status page, the name search is not yet complete.

I know Lewis was doing this recently. When we first had the project accepted
into Incubation before Robert finished updating the PODLINGNAMESEARCH
stuff I think I did some searching (on Google/etc.). I'm fairly comfortable that
we can check this off -- Any23 is fairly obtuse and AFAIK originated at the
research institutions represented by those folks here on the project.

I'm +1 though to simply update the page and check it off. I or someone else
(Lewis) will do that shortly.

>> VOTE:
>> I am now calling for a VOTE with the Incubator PMC to graduate Any23 from
>> the Incubator. I'll leave the VOTE open for at least the next 72 hours.
>> [ ] +1 Graduate Any23 from the Apache Incubator.
>> [ ] +0 Don't care.
>> [ ] -1  Don't graduate Any23 from the Apache Incubator because...
>> The Any23 draft board resolution is pasted for your consideration below.
>> Thank you!
>> Cheers,
>> Chris Mattmann
>> Any23 Champion
>> P.S. Here's my +1!
>> -----
>>   X. Establish the Apache Any23 Project
>>      WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best
>>      interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's
>>      purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged with
>>      the creation and maintenance of open-source software, for
>>      distribution at no charge to the public, related to the automatic crawling,
>>      parsing and analyzing of data to produce RDF.
>>      NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management
>>      Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Any23 Project",
>>      be and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the
>>      Foundation; and be it further
>>      RESOLVED, that the Apache Any23 Project be and hereby is
>>      responsible for the creation and maintenance of software
>>      related to the automatic crawling, parsing and analyzing of data
>>      to produce RDF and be it further
> "RDF" on its own seems a little cryptic; perhaps needs expansion.

s/RDF/W3C's Resource Description Framework/ ?

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246

To unsubscribe, e-mail: