incubator-general mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache OpenOffice Community Graduation Vote
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2012 14:53:14 GMT
On 26.08.2012 16:46, Joe Schaefer wrote:
> The point most people seem to make out of "sanctioned"
> or "official" builds revolves around indemnifying volunteers
> involved in the production of the release.
> I'm tired of rehashing release.html for the umpteenth time
> simply because Brane or you or some other newb lacks the
> experience to know the context behind the document, but
> as they say patches welcome (on  Every
> committer can alter the wording on that page and do something
> more productive than make clueless arguments on this
> ever devolving thread.

That's very helpful, thanks. So if someone asks me about ASF releases
and binaries I should refer them to the legal-discuss archives, or these
general@ archives, or simply tell them to find a founding member to
condescendingly explain the obvious. Because I sure can't give 'em a
link to some page on our web site.

I'll refrain from spelling out the epithets that come to mind.

-- Brane

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message