incubator-general mailing list archives

From Richard Frovarp <rfrov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] (missing 1 IPMC +1) S4 0.5.0 Release Candidate 1
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 21:56:10 GMT
On 08/08/2012 10:51 AM, Matthieu Morel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had misinterpreted the vote results and prematurely declared the vote
> as passed, sorry about that...
>
> In reality, we still need 1 IPMC +1 vote for the S4 0.5.0 Release
> Candidate 1.
>

> Current status after last week's votation is:
>
> +1: 7 (5 binding)
> -1: 0
>
> Details:
>
> +1 IPMC:
> acmurthy, phunt
>
> +1 PPMC
> kishoreg*, leoneu*, fpj
>
> +1 wider community
> Daniel Gomez, Karthik Kambatla
>

> (* voted on the s4-dev list only)
>
> -------------------------------
>
> This is the first release candidate for Apache S4, version 0.5.0
>
> It fixes the following issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312322&version=12318653
>

> Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
> convenience.
>
> ** The vote is open for at least 72 hours with no specific close time.
>
> Source and binary packages in zip format:
> http://people.apache.org/~mmorel/s4-0.5.0-incubating-release-candidate-1/
>
> The (git) tag to be voted upon: 0.5.0:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-s4.git;a=tag;h=70806aa1ee0b9154d36fd834dc4907cd8d3eb791
>

> S4 KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/s4/dist/KEYS
>
> Please cast your vote.
>
> [ ] +1  approve
> [ ] +0  no opinion
> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>

> Thanks!
>
> Matthieu

+1 Binding

Sigs and hashes are good.
src file matches what is in the tag (minus the javadoc generation which
is fine).

All Java files have headers.

Disclaimer, Notice, and License all look right to me.

A few of the properties files are missing headers. That should probably
be fixed in the future. It would be nice to be able to run Apache
Creadur in the project to verify licenses in the future.