incubator-general mailing list archives

From Matthieu Morel <mmo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: {RESULT] [VOTE] S4 0.5.0 Release Candidate 1
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 07:47:25 GMT
Hello,

On 8/7/12 4:30 PM, Richard Frovarp wrote:
 > On 08/07/2012 06:36 AM, Matthieu Morel wrote:
 >> Hi,
 >>
 >> The vote for this S4 release passed with the following results at the
 >> vote deadline:
 >>
 >> +1: 7 (5 binding)
 >> -1: 0
 >>
 >> Details:
 >>
 >> +1 IPMC:
 >> acmurthy, phunt
 >>
 >> +1 PPMC
 >> kishoreg*, leoneu*, fpj
 >>
 >> +1 wider community
 >> Daniel Gomez, Karthik Kambatla
 >>

 >> Thanks to all the participants to the voting process!
 >>
 >> I'll now publish the artifacts, and after the sync delay, update the
 >> websites and send announcements.
 >>
 >> Matthieu
 >>

 > Best I know, you need three IPMC votes for it to pass.

Thanks for outlining the missing IPMC vote Flavio, thanks for the
clarification Richard, and sorry all for my misinterpretation and for
the noise on this list.

It seems that typically mentors vote for releases, and that counts as
IPMC votes, unfortunately we now only have 2 mentors for S4 (both +1'ed).

At this point, I believe that we should ask for another IPMC to vote for
the release, by sending a specific vote request, even though the vote
expired, is this correct? Should we set a timeframe for the vote (I
don't see that in previous similar requests)?

Thanks,

Matthieu