incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kasper Sørensen <kasper.soren...@HumanInference.com>
Subject Potential proposal + request volunteers for champion & mentor roles
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 18:27:19 GMT
Dear everyone,

I am writing to ask for interested champions to aid Human Inference in an Apache Incubator
proposal.

The project we wish to contribute to Incubator is the MetaModel project, which is currently
available here: http://metamodel.eobjects.org

Very short description of the project FYI: MetaModel is as Java library built to provide uniform
access to many different types of data, including databases, CSV files, Excel spreadsheet
etc. etc. MetaModel is not an ORM since it does not provide a means to map to a concrete model,
but it provides the meta model of your data: Schema, Tables, Columns etc. And it allows querying
and writing data type-safely using these metadata elements.

In the process of contributing, obviously we would re-license it from the current (LGPL) license
to the Apache2 license.

Regards,
Kasper Sørensen