incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: License/Notice/Disclaimer file location in tree and modifcations of License headers in contributed files
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 18:27:04 GMT

On Aug 10, 2012, at 7:31 AM, seba.wagner@gmail.com wrote:

> There is still one open questions here, let me summarize it again:
>
> OCAD[1] contributed files via JIRA[2] to the ASF,
> Those files already had a license header (GPL) example: [3].
>
> What is the correct way to handle that?
> Replace license header with Apache license header and put some credits to
> initial contributors in Readme ?
>
> Thanks!
> Sebastian
>
> [1] http://www.ocadu.ca/
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-280
> [3]
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/openmeetings/trunk/plugins/atutor/openmeetings/index.php?revision=1341587&view=markup

Jira is down at the moment. So, I can't see the Jira history. The file referenced in [3] is:

/* Copyright (c) 2002-2008 by Greg Gay, Cindy Qi Li, Harris Wong                */
/* Adaptive Technology Resource Centre / University of Toronto                  */
/* http://atutor.ca

Can you explain how [1] has the right to contribute this file under ALv2?

Was there a Software Grant or CCLA for the contribution?

--kevan