incubator-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] - Establish YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 19:30:26 GMT
Apologies, wrong general@ list - was meant for hadoop.

which should be resolved soon): https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN
> # I've committed YARN-1 to move YARN out of hadoop-mapreduce-project onto hadoop-yarn-project
in subversion.
> # All jira notifications are going to yarn-issues@ and all subversion commit notifications
are going to yarn-commits@.

> Please do subscribe to the relevant mailing lists.
> Also note that there is *no* yarn-user@ since all user interactions are now via user@hadoop.apache.org.
>
> If you see issues, please let me know and I'll try to respond ASAP.
>
> thanks,
> Arun
>
> On Aug 3, 2012, at 12:51 AM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
>
>> With 22 +1s (9 binding) and no -1s the vote passes unanimously. Thanks to all who
voted.

>> I'll start the necessary process to move on this.
>>
>> thanks,
>> Arun
>>
>> On Jul 26, 2012, at 8:24 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
>>
>>> As we discussed in the previous thread, I'd like to call a vote to establish
YARN as a sub-project (it's the best *term* we have to describe it in our current nomenclature)
of Apache Hadoop along with Common, HDFS & MapReduce.

>>> Specifically,
>>> # Create a separate top-level src folder hadoop-yarn, move it out of hadoop-mapreduce-project
in subversion at hadoop/common/trunk.
>>> # Continue to co-release a single Hadoop release with Common, HDFS, YARN &
MapReduce.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.