incubator-general mailing list archives

From Antonio Sanso <asa...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Amber CLA status [Was: Old projects with incomplete copyright diligence]
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 08:00:09 GMT
Hi Henri,

thanks for taking care of this.

IANAL but technically yes I think that the OAuth 2.0 part of Amber can be considered as a
fork.

Before to perform the first release we followed what has been suggested in LEGAL-134.
Did we miss something? Should we do something more or we can assume this legal issue is over?

Thanks and regards

Antonio

On Aug 12, 2012, at 8:28 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:

> Hi Antonio,
>
> This is about making sure that all software being contributed to
> Apache is covered by CLAs (continuous contribution) or the software
> license grant (single contribution). Legally it would also be fine to
> fork software under a Category A license, though it's frowned upon
> (ie: the status checkbox doesn't offer it as an option).
>
> By the look of LEGAL-134, it sounds like Amber started as a fork of
> University of Newcastle code?
>
> Hen
>
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 7:39 AM, Antonio Sanso <asanso@adobe.com> wrote:
>> Hi Henri,
>>
>> Amber wise we tracked this in [0].
>> Now I am not sure if we can also tick the box.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Antonio
>>
>> [0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-134
>>
>> On Jul 8, 2012, at 4:22 AM, Henri Yandell wrote:
>>
>>> The following projects haven't signed off on the copyright checklist item:
>>>
>>> 2009-02-09  kato
>>> 2009-02-13  stonehenge
>>> 2009-05-13  socialsite
>>> 2010-05-19  amber