incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve Openmeetings (Incubating) release
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 14:50:17 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Alexei Fedotov
<alexei.fedotov@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Openmeetings community voted on and has approved a proposal to release
> Openmeetings 2.0. Pursuant to the Releases section of the Incubation
> Policy and with the endorsement of two of our mentors we would now
> like to request the permission of the Incubator PMC to publish the
> release on the Download page.

+1 to release.

Reviewed the artifact in [1] with MD5 checksum a1cad939f5b7f833886da2d5d615cbd8.

Some notes:

* It's typical for release tarballs to put all their contents under a
top-level folder that matches the name of the tarball.

* The lib/ivy-2.2.0.jar is a bit of a borderline case in terms of the
recent discussion about binaries in source archives [2]. Instead of
distributing Ivy as a part of your source releases, it would be better
to either point users to Ivy installation instructions in [3] or to
use the automatic installation script from that page.

* My test build failed trying to svn checkout stuff from red5 trunk.

* The LICENSE file mentions both CDDL and GPL for various
dual-licensed dependencies. It might be better if you only listed CDDL
for such cases, or at least clearly marked CDDL as the license under
which the ASF is redistributing those bits.

[1] http://people.apache.org/~sebawagner/2.0RC4/apache-openmeetings-incubating-2.0.0.r1361497-14-07-2012_1108-src.tar.gz
[2] http://markmail.org/message/hn4xhwmvwlyiw44v
[3] http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/install.html

BR,