incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <>
Subject Oozie status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "July2012" by AlanGates)
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 23:01:03 GMT

Thanks for the report, Oozie!

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Apache Wiki <> wrote:
> + * A list of the three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
> +    * Improve the documentations:  user and development for quicker adoption
> +    * Automate the formal release process.
> +    * Diversify the dev and committer base.

The first two items aren't really graduation issues. The last one is,
but I don't think there's much more you'll need to do on that front
anymore to be able to graduate.

Looking at Oozie activity I see people from both Cloudera and Yahoo
committing stuff, and dozens of others from various different
backgrounds chiming in on the mailing lists and the issue tracker. The
PPMC has people from four different organizations. Sounds like a
pretty diverse project to me. Or WDYT?

> + * How has the community developed since the last report:
> +    * 88 JIRAs were resolved and 145 JIRAs were closed in last quarter.
> +    * 103 JIRAs were created since last report.
> +    * Oozie dev/users are active in the email lists (around 1000 Emails in oozie-dev
and 250+ in oozie-user).
> +    * Around 6 new developers are contributing to the process and coding.

Sounds like you'll be able to continue adding new committers in near future.

Based on all the above I think Oozie is getting pretty close to
graduation. Have you already started thinking about that, or is there
something that you feel still needs to be done while in the Incubator?

Jukka Zitting

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message