incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject JSPWiki status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "July2012" by JuanPabloSantos)
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 19:33:47 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 11:39 PM, Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org> wrote:
> + Still following the objetive of making the first Apache release:
> +
> + 4 JIRA issues were fixed since last period, the project website has been revamped,
> +  and few other niceties & fixes have got into trunk (for example lucene library
was
> +  upgraded to 3.6.0).
> +
> + 2 Release candidates have been made, but they didn't succeed because of
> + technical issues. Hopefully the third RC will become the first ASF release.

If I understand correctly, these issues were about functionality in
the JSPWiki software itself, not about the technicalities of the
Apache release process.

Do you have any active mentors available to help out in preparing the
release? If not, please post a recent RC also to general@ for review
by the rest of the IPMC. A quick look at one of the RCs brought up a
few issues, most notably the presence of binary dependencies in the
source release archive - a practice that's considered contrary to
Apache principles based on recent discussion on general@.

> + The main issues blocking graduation keep being the same as in the last report:
> + resolution acceptance, community and IPMC graduation vote.

Again, like in April, I'd note that the most pressing blocker is
getting an Apache release out.

Beyond that it looks like community activity in JSPWiki is at a bit
higher level than it used to be for the most part of the past two
years, which is good.

BR,

Jukka Zitting