incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <>
Subject DirectMemory status (Was: Shepherding: chukwa, mesos, directmemory)
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 18:36:13 GMT

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM, Niall Pemberton
<> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 8:46 PM, Benson Margulies <> wrote:
>> DirectMemory lacks only a release to be green across the launch control board.
> Looks like a release is imminent:

The release is now out, so given Benson's overview from above I
classified DirectMemory as ready to graduate.

The DirectMemory report says the following on this topic:

+ There is only one important issue to address in the move towards graduation
+    - Understanding process/decision making guidelines (new committer process
+      is undergoing testing, release process still yet to be worked out)

I suppose the release process is now covered. I notice DirectMemory
has already added a committer since incubation started, so there's
already some experience on that as well. And with many Apache members
as committers I think the project is in any case pretty well covered
on the process side.

So from my perspective it looks like DirectMemory is close to
graduation. The only bit I'm a bit uncertain about is the "burstiness"
of DirectMemory activity (with notable spikes in November, February
and June), though that shouldn't be too troublesome as there's a
steady level of base activity and it looks like the June burst is
continuing well into this month.

Does that (and my classification as ready to graduate) sound like an
accurate assessment of DirectMemory status?

Jukka Zitting

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message