incubator-general mailing list archives

From Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <>
Subject Re: JSPWiki status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "July2012" by JuanPabloSantos)
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 21:03:06 GMT
Hi Jukka,

answers inline:

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 9:33 PM, Jukka Zitting <>wrote:

> Hi,
> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 11:39 PM, Apache Wiki <> wrote:
> > + Still following the objetive of making the first Apache release:
> > +
> > + 4 JIRA issues were fixed since last period, the project website has
> been revamped,
> > +  and few other niceties & fixes have got into trunk (for example
> lucene library was
> > +  upgraded to 3.6.0).
> > +
> > + 2 Release candidates have been made, but they didn't succeed because of
> > + technical issues. Hopefully the third RC will become the first ASF
> release.
> If I understand correctly, these issues were about functionality in
> the JSPWiki software itself, not about the technicalities of the
> Apache release process.

> Do you have any active mentors available to help out in preparing the
> release? If not, please post a recent RC also to general@ for review
> by the rest of the IPMC. A quick look at one of the RCs brought up a
> few issues, most notably the presence of binary dependencies in the
> source release archive - a practice that's considered contrary to
> Apache principles based on recent discussion on general@.

If I recall correctly, I think that we have two active mentors, Craig L
Russell and sam Ruby.
We had 2 more mentors, but they stepped down due to lack of time.

Regarding the binary dependencies. Wasn't the discussion on general@ more
focused on (or raised because of) transitive dependencies which were
into the build and not being AL-compatible?

In our case they're all AL compatible [#1], so that should be fine. We try
to look very
carefully to this issue. For instance, recently we added cobertura+sonar
support, which
weren't AL compatible so we had some discussion [#2] about the suitability
of including
them, given the fact that they were not going to be used to build the main
war. We
decided to not include them b/c they weren't AL compatible.

Also, the build is Ant based, so we need them to be there in order to be
able to build.