incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Airavata 0.4-Incubating RC1
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2012 20:15:45 GMT
Hello Suresh,
hope the following questions could make the release better.

1. Why root NOTICE and LICENSE files are nearly empty, while the files at
modules/distribution/src/main/resources contain all required info on
licenses? Why not to move files to the root?

2. I have noticed import com.sun.tools.doclets.internal.toolkit.MethodWriter at
modules/ws-messenger/samples/messagebroker/wse-multiple-producers-consumers/src/org/apache/airavata/wsmg/samples/wse/Consumer.java

MethodWriter license seems to be GPL, see below. If the link below is
correct, we get linking to GPL code.
http://grepcode.com/file/repository.grepcode.com/java/root/jdk/openjdk/7-b147/com/sun/tools/doclets/internal/toolkit/MethodWriter.java?av=h

It seems the class is not used anyway. Why not to remove it?

3. I  wonder if the parts of work
(modules/xbaya-gui/src/main/java/org/apache/airavata/xbaya/ui/graph/system/DifferedInputNodeGUI.java)
containing APL along with Indiana University Extreme! Lab Software
License can be just licensed under Apache License in the release (for
usage simplicity). The initial authors seem to be the same as Apache
committers.

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
http://dataved.ru/
+7 916 562 8095