incubator-general mailing list archives

From Alexei Fedotov <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Resigning as openmeetings mentor
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 11:27:34 GMT
Hello Ross,

Let me personally thank you for the effort you spent mentoring our
project. I got a great experience from issues you've raised. The
initial perception is that Apache process can be easily learned by
reading apache.org. More understanding comes from listening to the
voice of many other projects around, and this level of understanding
is hard to obtain. Correct application of Apache traditions require
the knowledge of the story behind the knowledge.

Apache continues to grow, and stay a great place to develop software
products. This cannot be done without strong culture. Thanks to your
efforts, I learned a lot about it.

With gratitude, Alexei