incubator-general mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <>
Subject Re: Shepherd for Any23 and EasyAnt
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 17:18:21 GMT

Firstly I would like to say hello to Dave and a thank you for stepping
up/being elected/whatever the process was to get involved with Any23
as the much appreciated Shepherd. It would be really great if you
could get in list and introduce yourself to the community, as you
mention the project is picking up pace and this would only help imho.
Please see my personal comments below. Thank you

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Jukka Zitting <> wrote:
> Hi,
> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Dave Fisher <> wrote:
>> Any23 -
>> This is very cool. I want to try it out. It is already an active community and looks
>> it is growing. It is making progress to being an important part of the Semantic Web.
>> As I write this there is a Release VOTE starting on the any23-dev ML.

> Sounds great! Assuming they get the release out, what's the feeling on
> their status in terms of other graduation criteria? Are they ready to
> start preparing for graduation, or is more community building still
> needed?

Although Any23 presence within the ASF is sponsored via Tika PMC I am
not sure what our aspirations are regarding the future... Integration
into Tikaland either as a subproject or full on integration is however
a conversation which began and fizzled out sometime ago [0]. Regarding
additional graduation criteria
1) Get 0.7.0-incubating release, and more importantly the release
porocess absolutely nailed. Simone Tripodi has lead this one from the
outset and he quoted the other day that his intention was that Any23
PPMC member should now be able to act as release manager.
2) We recently welcomed Peter Ansell PPMC and Committership. Peter had
some nice ideas w.r.t refactoring of codebase to simplify
modularity... this DOES NOT block graduation
3) Michele Mostarda has viewed his opinions in improving parsers as
per W3C spec... this DOES NOT block graduation

I would be really keen to find out from a mentor/shepherd POV what
does block graduations... I would however like to hear this post
0.7.0-incubating (1st since entering incubator) release.

I hope I've contributed to this conversation somewhat.

Thank you

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message