incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VXQuery: A Mentor's View
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 20:14:51 GMT
I'm not active in any way, but at least watching and open for
requests. Additionally, I recently became ASF member, so should now be
formally eligible as a mentor.

Jochen

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 4:27 AM, Franklin, Matthew B.
<mfranklin@mitre.org> wrote:
> I wanted to echo the recent thread regarding the need for additional mentorship for VXQuery.
 Cezar only needs to request IPMC membership to become a mentor; but event hen he would be
the only mentor that I can find recent activity for.

> In addition to the need for mentors, there a couple of things that need attention:
>
> 1) The website does not follow branding guidelines and it looks like hrefs for images
& CSS might be incorrect.

> 2) Someone needs to sign off on the report.  I recommend Cezar do this after requesting
IPMC membership.

In other words: what could be seen as a socially debilitating failure
of character can certainly work to your advantage too. (Linus
Torvalds, but the use in the signature tells something about me as
well.)