incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <>
Subject Re: Board will be proposing a new TLP
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 16:17:18 GMT
On Jul 2, 2012 12:45 AM, "Alan D. Cabrera" <> wrote:
> I hope that someone can help me understand the current thinking about the
vibrant community aspect that seems to be a requirement for incubation/TLP

The underlying requirement is an open, inclusive, long-term community.
“Diverse" is a way to demonstrate that inclusivity. Growing a community is
a way to show long term health.

3 of the 4 proposed PMC members have been around the ASF for over a decade.
I doubt they're going away :-P  And while Chris may not have that duration,
I think we're stuck with him for a long time, too :-)

The Incubator is a mechanism for showing and growing a community, but it is
not a requirement for that. Any group of ASF Members showing up with a TLP
resolution would have my vote. They would have my confidence that they
understand the ASF and how a community should be organized.