incubator-general mailing list archives

From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Apache Lucene.Net ready for graduation?
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2012 17:44:33 GMT

Hey All,

This is the first step for graduation for the Apache Lucene.Net project (incubating of course..).
We're taking a vote for the Lucene.Net community to see if the community is ready to govern
itself as a top level project.

Here is a short list of our accomplishments which I believe make us ready for graduation:
- Released 2.9.4

- Released 2.9.4g (Generics version)

- created a new website, with a new logo (a 99designs contest gracious supported by stackoverflow)

- Added two new committers bringing our total to 9.

- Preparing for 3.0.3 Release within the next couple of weeks

- Started work on 3.5 release.

This is the process we will follow:
- Community vote (this email). All votes count, there is no non-binding / binding status for
this
- We will propose a resolution for review (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENENET/Graduation+-+Resolution+Template)
- We will call a vote on the resolution in general @ incubator
- A Board resolution will be submitted.

As a community, if you would please vote:

[1] Ready for graduation

[-1] Not ready because...

I know I speak for all the developers on this project, we appreciate (and will continue to
appreciate) everyone's contributions via the mailing list and jira.

~Prescott