incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Shepherd for EasyAnt
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 18:27:28 GMT

On Jul 5, 2012, at 10:54 AM, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:

> Le 5 juil. 2012 à 06:35, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :

>> This may be EasyAnt's goal, I'm not entirely sure it matches Ant's goal.
>>
>> At one point in time every project entering incubation had to be
>> sponsored by an existing TLP or the board and it didn't imply the
>> podling would graduate to the existing TLP at all.  The "you need a
>> sponsoring TLP" notion seems to have gone now.  By the time EasyAnt
>> entered incubation Ant became the sponsoring TLP so there was one, not
>> because Ant was comitted to accept it as a sub-project IIRC.
>>
>> I'm not saying Ant would reject it, but it is not a no-brainer either.
>> This part of the discussion should be held on dev@ant 8-)
>
> I guess I'm the one who just misunderstood the Ant sponsoring thing.
> Let's to it properly yes. Let's start asking to EasyAnt dev first.

Since Apache Ivy and Apache IvyDE are sub-projects of Apache Ant there is some sense in EasyAnt
having a place in the Apache Ant project. I see that dev@ant did VOTE for sponsorship on a
thread that you started [1], but I did not see a lot of discussion about what made sense to
the Apache Ant community.

A few months earlier you pushed for the donation of Bushel into Ivy [2] which was done.

I see that EasyAnt has an old Google Group ML and this thread describes the process from the
EasyAnt community's perspective. [3]

There is mention of Apache Ivy in the incubator four years prior, and we know it ended up
within the Apache Ant project.

Regards,
Dave

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ant-dev/201101.mbox/%3C3A73C5DA-E4A2-4CB6-8423-0A985246FA8E%40hibnet.org%3E