incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Shepherding: chukwa, mesos, directmemory
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 13:26:28 GMT

On Jul 3, 2012, at 5:40 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,

>>> is all set except for not having added committers. Mentors, do you think
>>> they could graduate anyhow?
>>
>> I was thinking that it should go into the Hadoop as a subproject or to the attic.
>> I see one developer valiantly holding the fort.  Great guy.  Nice body of code.
>> Not a lot of developers working on it.
>
> I notice the report mentions patches from new contributors. Should
> some of them be granted committership?
>
> I'd recommend keeping the entry barrier low for new committers
> especially if there isn't much activity otherwise.

Eric claims five new contributors submitting patches since April and I only count 3 people
submitting 4 patches.  The patches are non-trivial.

So the idea is to give the contributors committership and hope things take off?  Eric does
want to make one more release.  Maybe that will churn some enthusiasm.  Eric is very tenacious
about keeping it open and he is very timely with the mailing list discussions and submitted
patches.

I'm inclined to give it another shot but I'm wondering what criteria do we use to decide that
we've done all we've can.

Regards,
Alan