incubator-general mailing list archives

From Suleman Khan <sule...@sit.fraunhofer.de>
Subject Re: UMA Implementation
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 13:29:36 GMT
Hello Raymond,

We created an account in Apache JIRA with the name Fraunhofer AISEC and created new issue
named AMBER-57. We attached our implementation and UML diagrams to it. The issue can be found
under the following link

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBER-57

What would be the next step?

Waiting for your valuable suggestions.

Best regards,

Khan Suleman

Hi, Suleman. Thank you for your interest to contribute UMA code into
Apache Amber project. You cannot directly commit the code into Amber
though. Here is a simple process to follow: 1) Start some discussions
with Amber community to express your intention of contribution (It's
glad that you are starting the thread now :-) 2) Open a JIRA and attach
the code to the ticket 3) The Amber community needs to vote to take the
contribution (assuming the result is YES :-) 4) The Amber PMC needs to
go through IP clearance with Apache incubator PMC (assuming everything
is clean) 5) One of the Amber committers check the patch into Amber SVN
repo 6) UMA team will continue to work with the Amber project and the
Amber community starts to vote your team members in as committers based
on your ongoing contributions Thanks, Raymond On Jul 5, 2012, at 5:52
AM, Suleman Khan wrote:

> > Hello All,
> >
> > In Fraunhofer AISEC, we developed UMA protocol based on OAuth 2.0 and also

integrated OpenID Connect to it. We want to make this project open source
under Apache license 2.0. By the suggestion of Mr. Antonio Sanso, we had a
look at Apache Amber project and we think that this is the best place where
we can upload our code.

> > Details about the project is published on Kantara Initiative website. It

can be checked by visiting the following link.

> > http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/uma/Fraunhofer+AISEC+I
> > mplementation+FAQ
> >
> > I was trying to commit our code to Apache Amber repository but I need

credentials for that, which I don't have. Could you please tell how to get
these credentials and what is the procedure for doing all this stuff.

> > Any help in this regard would be really appreciated.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Khan Suleman
> >
> > *

the incubation phase though).

contributing the project (as any Apache project).