incubator-general mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Vote or embedded in discussion? (was Re: [VOTE] Retire AWF from incubation)
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 15:46:07 GMT
Le 7/5/12 11:44 AM, Martijn Dashorst a écrit :
> On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 11:18 PM, Roger Schildmeijer
> <schildmeijer@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The AWF community has voted to retire the project.
>> Following the retirement guide [1], I now call the Incubator PMC to
>> vote on confirming this decision. (Will be open for 72 hours).
> As a drive-by interested party in the incubator (with a couple of
> mentored podlings) I noticed something that struck me as a bit off.
>
> I just looked through the archives to see what was happening as AWF
> has been in the incubator for not too long and I couldn't find the
> vote to retire the project you mentioned.
>
> I noticed that you did not undertake a formal vote but rather relied
> on a note as a reply for a board report notification [1]. While the
> mentors did acknowledge a +1 for retirement, I think retirement of
> your development effort should not be discussed under the rug.

The rug is pretty thin here :)

> A subject "Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jul 2012 ([ppmc])"
> sounds a lot less noticeable than "[DISCUSS] Retire AWC" or "[DISCUSS]
> No future for AWC development".
>
> In any case if the project really is dead in the water I would not
> expect a discussion from my proposed headlines as well, but that would
> at least have given lurking community members "to speak up now".

Last time we discussed about the potential for the project to be dead in
march, nobody but Seven expressed the desire to continue the effort. We
kept the project going for one more quarter, for Seven to get a chance
to catch in, but sadly, he now have no more time...

I don't think the projects members will be surprised if we shutdown the
project. I do agree, though, that we should have followed the procedure.

Hope it clarifies the current decision !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,