incubator-general mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Syncope 1.0.0-RC2-incubating
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 08:03:17 GMT
On 02/07/2012 09:36, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
> Hello guys!
>
> Short version: +1
>
> Long version:
> - the Syncope logo (website) should show a TM. can be applied later imho

Well, the logo actually already *contains* TM, even though it's a bit
tiny :-)
it's easier to see it in the big logo version shown in homepage; anyway,
we'll discuss whether it's the case to make it slightly bigger in dev ML.

> - Minor: "Copyright © 2010-2012 The Apache Software Foundation. All
> Rights Reserved." is shown on the frontpage, even when there is the
> bigger footer

I don't understand: the footer for all pages - including homepage - says
" Copyright © 2010-2012 The Apache Software Foundation. All Rights
Reserved. Apache, Syncope, Apache Syncope, the Apache feather logo, the
Apache Syncope project logo and the Apache Syncope logo are trademarks
of The Apache Software Foundation. All other marks mentioned may be
trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners."

Only, in home page the first row is shown separately, due to CSS (the
HTML is the same): is this an issue?

> Please note that older apache releases usually are removed from the
> dist folders. It seems you are not planning this because I see an
> "older releases" section.
> By the way, older releases are here:
> http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/syncope/
> If you need to distribute old versions, I would drop a note at infra site.

You're right: we'll move the older releases links to point to
http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/syncope/, thanks!

> - Javadoc got a copyright footer; I am currently not sure if Trademark
> team is happy with the old footer or if it should be the same as on
> the frontpage: http://incubator.apache.org/syncope/1.0.0-RC2-incubating/apidocs/index.html

Can you please show me a podling or TLP from which we can borrow the
correct copyright footer? Thanks.

> These are all minor issues and can be fixed after this release.
>
> I have not found any other problems so far. Thanks for putting all the
> effort with the Licenses.

Thanks for reviewing!

Regards.

--