incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Shepherd for EasyAnt
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 01:44:08 GMT

On Jul 3, 2012, at 12:06 PM, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:

> Le 3 juil. 2012 à 19:00, Jukka Zitting a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 6:44 PM, Nicolas Lalevée
>> <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org> wrote:
>>> The primary target for Easyant will be being a subproject of Ant.
>>
>> Is there something that the Incubator can do for EasyAnt that the Ant
>> PMC can't? If not, I don't see a need to wait for this to happen.
>
> I guess that the incubation process for EasyAnt was about training the people "attached"
to the project so they learn how to build a proper ASF community, release, and check IP clearance.
Since the Ant PMC doesn't contain enough active members so handle such project income, this
should happen with the help of the Incubator.

How has the refactoring due to an expected contributor's unwillingness to sign an ICLA effected
the project? This issue makes me think that the main purpose of going through the incubator
was to inoculate the project's IP, not that there is anything wrong with that. If it is true
that the IP is correct is there any reason for the Incubator not to transfer the EasyAnt project
to the Ant PMC? Does that make sense?

Note I used the term "transfer" to recognize a different situation or standard from "graduation
to a TLP".

Somehow the IPMC would need to certify the IP in the podling and then the target PMC would
have to accept the podling.

VOTEs:

(1) PPMC - if it can.
(2) Target PMC - to confirm that it wants the podling's IP.
(3) IPMC - to confirm IP and transfer.
(4) Board - do the bylaws require a fourth vote?

Just a thought.

Regards,
Dave