incubator-general mailing list archives

From Raymond Feng <enjoyj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UMA Implementation
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 15:42:52 GMT
Hi, Suleman.

Thank you for your interest to contribute UMA code into Apache Amber project. You cannot directly
commit the code into Amber though. Here is a simple process to follow:

1) Start some discussions with Amber community to express your intention of contribution (It's
glad that you are starting the thread now :-)
2) Open a JIRA and attach the code to the ticket
3) The Amber community needs to vote to take the contribution (assuming the result is YES
:-)
4) The Amber PMC needs to go through IP clearance with Apache incubator PMC (assuming everything
is clean)
5) One of the Amber committers check the patch into Amber SVN repo
6) UMA team will continue to work with the Amber project and the Amber community starts to
vote your team members in as committers based on your ongoing contributions

Thanks,
Raymond

On Jul 5, 2012, at 5:52 AM, Suleman Khan wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> In Fraunhofer AISEC, we developed UMA protocol based on OAuth 2.0 and also integrated
OpenID Connect to it. We want to make this project open source under Apache license 2.0. By
the suggestion of Mr. Antonio Sanso, we had a look at Apache Amber project and we think that
this is the best place where we can upload our code.

> Details about the project is published on Kantara Initiative website. It can be checked
by visiting the following link.
> http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/uma/Fraunhofer+AISEC+Implementation+FAQ
>
> I was trying to commit our code to Apache Amber repository but I need credentials for
that, which I don't have. Could you please tell how to get these credentials and what is the
procedure for doing all this stuff.

> Any help in this regard would be really appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Khan Suleman
>
> *

the project (as any Apache project).