incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Shepherd for Any23 and EasyAnt
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 16:44:15 GMT
Le 3 juil. 2012 à 11:49, Jukka Zitting a écrit :

>> EasyAnt -
>> There has been very little activity all this year. Only one committer active. This
>> email[1] points out the community's difficulty with the loss of a key part of the
>> codebase requiring a refactoring that no one has quite found the time to finish.
>> Hope has been expressed that recent commit activity might be showing a
>> startup in activity. A look at the archive shows very early promise but only
>> sporadic activity after the first few months.
>>
>> Retirement to Attic, to Ant, to Ivy? Another month? What more activity
>> would the IPMC ask for?
>
> I'd like to see the community come up with a concrete graduation plan,
> one that either targets becoming a subproject of Ant or Ivy, or
> outlines how the community expects to grow to a more sustainable level
> of activity and diversity. If such a plan or other increase in
> activity is not forthcoming, we'll need to consider retiring the
> project.

The primary target for Easyant will be being a subproject of Ant. The Ant PMC is sponsoring
the project [1]. I happen to be on both side, Ant and Easyant. And the development on EasyAnt
often means patching Ant. So there would not be better fit I guess.

We are indeed struggling with being active, we know it is an issue. But we still have hope.

cheers,
Nicolas

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/EasyAntProposal